Sphinn – The Future of Social News Sites
Are you using Sphinn? If you are a blogger, Internet marketer, technology enthusiast or person seeking to make money online there is no better place to find the best articles on the net about these topics. Sphinn is like Digg except it focuses specifically on these niche interests. This is the future of social news sites and social tagging sites.
Sites like Digg and Netscape (now Propeller) are great, but you are interested in only a very small percentage of the topics. That is why a social tagging site like Sphinn is so great. Because Sphinn focuses on a narrow niche, it acts as a hub for bloggers and Internet marketers. We are starting to experience an explosion of social tagging sites cloned off of Digg. For those trying to compete with Digg head-to-head good luck. However, there is a great opportunity for the social tagging sites that focus on a specific niches.
Guide to Using Sphinn:
Topics: Sphinn has three preset tabs to display the current Hot Topics, the newest topics (What’s New), and the most popular stories of all times (Greatest Hits). This is a great way to navigate through the stories being posted on Sphinn.
Categories: As mentioned above, Sphinn focuses on a limited number of categories. Each of the eight Categories is broken down into subcategories. The categories are as follows:
- Google which is comprised of Google SEO, Google AdWords, Google AdSense, Google Searching, and Google Other
- Yahoo which is comprised of Yahoo SEO, Yahoo Paid Search, Yahoo Publisher Network, Yahoo Searching and Yahoo Other
- Microsoft which is comprised of Microsoft SEO, Microsoft adCenter, Microsoft Searching and Microsoft Other
- Search Marketing which is comprised of SEM, SEO, Paid Search, Link Building, SEM Industry, In House SEM, and Other Search Marketing
- Social Media which is comprised of News Sites, Bookmarking, Networking, Blogging, and Other Social Media
- Online Marketing which is comprised of Web Analytics, Contextual Ads, Affiliate Marketing, Display Advertising, Usability, Domaining, and Other Online Marketing
- Searching which is comprised of Ask.com, AOL, Local & Maps, Mobile Search, Video Search, Tips & Tools, and Other Searching
- Other which is comprised of Sphinn Zone (information and articles related to Sphinn), Jobs Wanted, Jobs Offered, and Water Cooler
Sphinn Live: One a my favorite features of Sphinn is the Sphinn Live tab. Sphinn Live show you the posts that are being Sphunn and commented on in real-time. This is a cool way to see which article are up and coming.
Sphinn Feeds: I love the Sphinn Feeds features. Sphinn allows you to subscribe to various feeds so that you can see the posts in your RSS feeder. If you are a blogger like me who is always looking for topics to blog about, Sphinn Feeds is a great way for me to quickly browse stories being written by other bloggers. Sphinn has the following feeds:
- Hot Topics Feed – This feed is for all of the topics that make it to the Hot Topics section
- New Topics Feed – This feed is for all topics as they are posted
- Comment Feed – This feed allows you to subscribe to all of the comments that are being left on topics
In addition to these feeds, Sphinn has promised additional feeds in the future to all you to subscribe to your friends’ feeds and feeds based on specific topics.
How to Use Sphinn:
- Sphinn Others’ Articles – Become and active member of the community. When you find an article that you like, tell your fellow sphinners that it is a good article by Sphinning it.
- Submit Articles – Have you read a great article that you think other Sphinners would like to read, then submit it. These sites are only as good as the information being submitted.
- Comment – Start a dialogue about a story. This is a feature under utilized on Sphinn.
Here are some other great guides on Sphinn:
- Sphinn – The Social News Site that Every Search Marketer Should be Using
- Sphinn – Our Social Site for Search and Internet Marketing Professionals
- Fool-Proof Sphinn-Bait Tactics To Reach the Front Page
- Sphinn – In Depth Traffic Analysis and Advice
- Sphinn – The Internet Marketer’s Digg
- Sphinn It
- Why I Prefer Sphinn Over Digg
- Can You Get a Lot of Traffic From Sphinn?
- How to Find the Hottest Breaking Stories on Sphinn