Social Media Roundup: Black Friday
I am thankful for not being at the mall this black Friday. Instead, I get to sit at my computer and read some great articles on social media. Here are some great social media articles to keep you out of the malls.
- 10 Misconceptions Why SEO is Better Than SMO Refuted – Check out this great article from SEO 2.0. Tad responds to Wayne Smallman’s article touting the advantags of seo over smo.
- Have Bloggers Become Social Media Abusers? – Monika has written a great guide for how to properly use social media.
- Social Media Marketing in A Nutshell – Maki has written a great overview of social media marketing.
- Del.icio.us: An Underrated Link Building Tool – Vandelay Website Design has written a great overview of my favorite social bookmarking site, del.icio.us. It also provides some great information on how del.icio.us has helped Vandelay Website Design to build links and traffic.
- StumbleUpon Made This Blog’s Traffic Explode – a1-fan-fun has written a great account of his first experience with StumbleUpon. For new bloggers, StumbleUpon makes it fun to blog. No longer do new bloggers have to write knowing that no one will see their articles.
- Technorati – Now Completely Useless – I hope that Lars is wrong about Technorati (I love their authority ranking). However, Lars raises some great points about Technorati’s decline.
- Digg Vs. StumbleUpon – And the Winner Is …. – Work N Play has written an interesting comparison of Digg versus stumbleupon.
- Nine Uses For Social Bookmarking – WebUpon has some great ideas for the uses of social bookmarking sites.
- 4 Types of Social Media Marketers and the 1 You Never Hear About – Tanya Ferrell has a great article hear analyzing the who are social media marketers.
- Don’t Want To Take the Dive Into Social Media? That’s Ok, Just Get Your Feet Wet – Shana Albert has a great guide here for getting started with social media.
- 10 Reasons Why Social Media Marketing Sucks.. – Andy Beard writing at Collective Thoughts has 10 tips for how to properly plan a social media marketing campaign.
I hope that you enjoy these articles. Please tell me of other great articles about social media that you have read this past week.