How to Create A Favicon For WordPress Blog
Create favicon to add professionalism to your blog. A favicon is an image that is displayed in your browser’s address bar. Your favicon adds a nice touch by adding a visual to your url. Additionally, these free favicons make your website standout in your readers’ bookmarks folder.
Here is a step-by-step guide for how to create favicon:
- Create our find an image that you would like to add be your favicon. My favicon is a derivative of my header image for Newest on the Net. From my header image, I created a smaller image that I use for my Gravatar image and any avatars for social sites. I created my header image and my avatar using photoshop. Alternatively, here is a favicon generator that you could use.
- Once you have an image, use a favicon generator to create favicon. I used Favikon for my favicon maker, but you could also use the link in step one above. All that a favicon generator does is reduce the favicon into a 16 pixel square.
- After you have created you favicon.ico file using the favicon generator, upload that file to your public_html folder on your wordpress server using an ftp application.
- Next you have to add the following code to your header.php folder. Here is the code: <link rel=”shortcut icon” href=”favicon.ico” />
- Save your header.php folder
- Refresh your browser
- You should now have a favicon for your wordpress blog. Congratulations!!
If you know of another favicon generator, please tells us about it in the comments.
I hope you liked this tutorial for how to make a favicon.